Call to receive a complimentary consult with one of our physicians. Visit our office and see how these various modes of health care at Natural Medicine & Rehabilitation can help you!
Physical rehabilitation plays a critical part of most patients care at NMR. Our passion is to not only have a patient feel better but to actually be better and stronger. Joint, muscle and spinal problems demand stability, strength and conditioning if one is not only to feel better but also to restore function and prevent similar or worse problems in the future. With rehabilitation at NMR, a patient is progressed to and educated toward becoming as functional and independently capable as possible. The primary components of conditioning are employed with each rehab program (mobility, balance, stability, strength and endurance). Work and sport specific rehabilitation is also an integral part of the rehabilitative services for many patients at NMR.
The chiropractic physicians of NMR combine for over 60 years of clinical experience, most of which have been serving the Somerset county area. From various soft tissue muscle energy techniques, low and non-force manipulation to traditional osseous adjustments, a diverse array of chiropractic techniques can be utilized at NMR. After a thorough consultation and examination process, if chiropractic care is recommended, the latest technology combined with the healing nature of human touch is provided.
Nutrition counseling at NMR will focus on nutritional therapies shown to have strong clinical efficacy. Common problems that at least in part are managed nutritionally by our physicians include: blood sugar control problems, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, gastrointestinal dysfunction and disease, hormonal imbalances, food hypersensitivities, fatigue, inflammatory joint problems and many autoimmune conditions. Blood and other lab testing may be a necessary component of a
patient’s diagnostic workup. Either by itself or in conjunction with other medical therapies, nutritional intervention many times proves to be a critical part of a patient’s therapy.
CRANIO SACRAL THERAPY
CranioSacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle hands-on method of improving health and function. It is utilized to evaluate and enhance the CranioSacral System and works to strengthen the body’s own natural healing mechanism. It can also dissipate the negative effects of stress on the Central Nervous System. Restrictions in this system can lead to a variety of musculoskeletal and neuromuscular problems.
What conditions can be helped with CST?
CST strengthens the body’s ability to heal. It is effective for many conditions associated with pain and dysfunction.
- Migraines & Headache
- Chronic Neck & Back Pain
- Stress/Tension Related Problems
- Chronic Fatigue
- Orthopedic Problems
- Motor Coordination Problems
- And many other conditions
LOW LEVEL LASER THERAPY
Laser therapy is a physical treatment using specific diodes to emit photons (light). Photons of near infrared and visible red penetrate the skin stimulating cellular activity which can enhance the healing process creating a cascade of clinical benefits. Radiant energy is absorbed by structures in the cell and is converted into biological energy that stimulates cell activity. This deep tissue penetration reduces inflammation and repairs damaged tissue without drugs, invasive surgery
or side effects. Laser Therapy can be very effective treating such conditions as carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, Achilles tendonitis, shoulder tendonitis, neck and back pain.
The treatment is non-invasive, has no side effects and takes only 10 minutes or less. Relief can be felt immediately.
Massage therapy is one of the oldest modalities of natural medicine and pain management. Using different manipulative techniques, therapists move the muscles and soft tissue to promote relaxation and healing. Therapeutic massage is often recommended as part of a regular program for one’s health, wellness and athletic training. It increases blood supply, oxygen and nutrients to your muscles, joints and vital organs and improves circulation throughout the body. This helps to reduce muscle spasms and cramping which enhances recovery from exertion and fatigue. Massage helps to relieve the pain and discomfort associated with stiff joints, neck pain, sciatica, muscle tension and headaches. Massage therapy helps to achieve greater range of motion and can help lower blood pressure, mental and physical stress and reduce post surgical adhesions and swelling.
- Deep Tissue Massage promotes releasing of chronic muscle tension, and the healing of old and new injuries. The focus is on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia (the protective layer surrounding muscles, bones and joints). This massage technique combines a customized, bull-body massage with warming and cooling thermal products to provide deep muscle pain relief from injuries and chronic conditions. Deep tissue massage is ideal for anyone who suffers from chronic pain or limited mobility due to athletic training, repetitive movements and overuse.
- Sports Massage therapy is geared towards athletes of every kind. This technique focuses on areas of the body that are overused and stressed from repetitive and often aggressive movements. Sports massage therapy can be used as a means to enhance pre-event preparation and reduce recovery time for maximum performance during training or after an event. Sports Massage will help to promote flexibility, reduce fatigue, improve endurance, prevent injuries and prepares the body and mind for optimal performance. Sports massage once or twice a week will be a great addition to an athlete’s regimen.
- Trigger Point massage is specifically designed to alleviate the source of the pain through cycles of isolated pressure and release. In this type of massage the recipient actively participates through deep breathing as well as identifying the exact location and intensity of the discomfort. The results and benefits of trigger point masssage are releasing constricted areas in the muscles thus alleviating pain. Receiving trigger point therapy on a regular basis can help naturally manage pain and stress from chronic injuries.
Acupuncture has been a component of Traditional Chinese Medicine that originated over 5000 years ago. It is offered as a holistic approach to pain management at NMR. Acupuncture can provide drug free pain relief for people with chronic pain and suffering by encouraging the body to promote natural healing. The needling of acupuncture points stimulates the nervous system to release pain-relieving chemicals (endorphins & serotonin) and hormones in the muscles, spinal cord and brain. These chemicals are the body’s natural painkillers. The body produces them to influence its own internal regulating system and healing abilities to fight disease and maintain a healthy physical and emotional state. Incorporating acupuncture into a rehabilitation program can help people with chronic pain or suffering from such things as:
- Headache & Migraines
- Back, Neck & Joint Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Myofascial Pain
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Menstral Cramps
- Tennis Elbow
Biofeedback Therapy is a mind-body technique used to teach patients how they can gain control over biological functions that normally occur automatically beneath the level of awareness such as blood pressure, heart rate, muscle tension, and brainwave frequency. At Natural Medicine & Rehabilitation we use complex biofeedback machines and computer software to detect internal bodily functions with great sensitivity and precision that allow involuntary physical functions to be translated in ways that can be understood.
In essence biofeedback is a psychophysiological mirror by which a patient can monitor and learn from physiological signals produced by their bodies and can see in real time how their thoughts, emotions and body are interconnected.